On Friday, March 27, FHA and VA provided appraisal flexibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic for desktop and exterior-only appraisals. To best assist with the FHA and VA requirements, ACI has created three new addenda that include revisions to the Scope of Work, Statement of Assumptions and Limiting Conditions, and Certifications for these temporary desktop and exterior assignments. ACI has also updated the PAR® Logic and FHA PAR® Logic rules to satisfy the flexibilities, which will allow appraisers to run appropriate validation rules in scenarios where the “desktop” or “exterior” appraisals are used.
In the prior ACI bulletin, COVID-19 appraisal flexibilities from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were reviewed and solutions through the ACI software were provided, which are still available via WebUpdate.
Follow the instructions below to update your software.
- Download the FHA 2020 Desktop, FHA 2020 Exterior and VA 2020 Desktop addendums and updated rules to your ACI software by simply running the standard WebUpdate.
- Add the addendum to any blank report (1004, 1073, 1004C, 1025, 1004D) using the File > Add/Remove Forms feature.
- Save the form as a template for future assignments (COVID FHA 1004 Desktop).
- Special Instructions for the Map Reference field within the appraisal report.
- Desktop assignments: Type “DESKTOP” in the Map Reference field.
- Exterior assignments: Type “EXTERIOR” in the Map Reference field.
In order to begin using these forms, please visit the ACI Resource Guide, which includes links to the FHA and VA guidance and frequently asked questions for meeting the appraisal requirements for these assignments. This page includes previously communicated updates and FAQ documents for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well.
Thank you for your business and support during this time. Most importantly, we hope you stay safe and healthy.