First and foremost, we hope this email finds you healthy and safe. ACI remains committed to providing a high level of service and support through evolving market conditions.
Earlier this week, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac announced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which provides lenders with temporary flexibility on appraisal requirements. These measures allow for desktop and exterior-only inspection appraisals under the condition that a traditional appraisal cannot be obtained.
In order to meet these requirements, ACI has created two new addendum that include revisions to the Scope of Work, Statement of Assumptions and Limiting Conditions, and Certifications for these temporary Desktop and Exterior assignments. ACI has also created a GSE2020 PAR rules-set, which will allow appraisers to run appropriate validation rules in scenarios where the “desktop” or “exterior” appraisals are used.
Follow the instructions below to update your software.
- Download the GSE2020 addendums and updated rules to your ACI software by simply running the standard WebUpdate.
- Add the GSE2020 addendum to any blank report (1004, 2055) using the
File | Add/Remove Forms feature.
- Save the form as a template for future assignments (COVID 1004 Desktop).
- Special Instructions for the Map Reference field within the appraisal report.
- Desktop assignments: Type “DESKTOP” in the Map Reference field.
- Exterior assignments: Type “EXTERIOR” in the Map Reference field.
In order to begin using these forms, we recommend that you visit the ACI Resource Guide which includes links to the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidance and frequently asked questions for meeting the appraisal requirements for these assignments.
Thank you for your business and support during this time. Most importantly, we hope you stay safe and healthy.