As of June 27, 2016, all FHA-approved mortgagees will be required to use FHA’s Electronic Appraisal Delivery (EAD) portal to submit appraisal data to FHA. The EAD portal will allow uploads of only those appraisals that comply with FHA’s Appraisal Report and Data Delivery Guide.
The EAD portal checks appraisal data submissions against FHA appraisal data requirements and provides error messages and/or warning notifications for mortgagees to review and/or remedy.
- Detailed status messages indicate successful or unsuccessful submissions. Only successful submissions are transmitted to FHA.
- “Hard stop” messages are built into the portal and indicate data errors that must be resolved before the submission can be successfully transmitted, thus avoiding data conflicts between the EAD portal and FHA.
- Additional error messages will allow a submission to be transmitted and indicate possible data discrepancies that mortgagees may need to address.
If you’re not EAD Ready…
Enterprise clients can leverage their existing relationship and integration with ACI which affords several benefits:
- Minimal integration time through ACI.
- Compliance with the new FHA submission process.
- Existing users of ACI’s UCDP integration will be able to use the same API.
For more information and a copy of the EAD integration guide, please contact your product specialist or email email@example.com.