A: EAD (Electronic Appraisal Delivery) is the MISMO® XML delivery portal for the FHA. EAD compliant MISMO XML can be created with ACI Report™ (eServices > Send Report > FHA MISMO Delivery).
The EAD has similar requirements as UAD, but includes some additional data standards and a digital signing process for added security.
Here is a quick breakdown of key items:
- Case Number formatting 123-1234567
- Data formatting is the same on UAD forms 1004 and 1073 with one exception.
- Year Built may be left blank if the property is not Existing Construction.
- Additional formatting requirements for 1004C, 1025, 1004D forms.
- Dates in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Numeric fields (no commas, +, -, $, etc.).
- Money: whole dollar amounts, use decimals only when necessary.
- Digital Signing of XML to provide additional security of appraisal data.
- No Supervisory Appraiser Allowed.