Over the past several years, the Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) has reached out to the appraisal community and consumers of appraisal services to get their feedback on appraiser’s analyses, opinions, and conclusions.
From this feedback, two of the most common questions asked are:
- Why, if USPAP sets minimum standards, are there multiple reporting options – Self-Contained, Summary, and Restricted Use Appraisal Reports?
- What is the difference between the terms “describes,” “summarizes,” or “states,” when used in Self-Contained, Summary, and Restricted Use Appraisal Reports?
Join us in our new eLearning series hosted by ACI. The webinars are designed to help you understand the 2014-2015 revisions, and assist you in implementing the changes.
Topics covered in this second eLearning class include:
- STANDARD 2, Real Property Appraisal Reporting
- Advisory Opinions 11, Content of the Appraisal Report Options of Standards Rules 2-2 and 8-2
- Advisory Opinion 12, Use of the Appraisal Report Options of Standards Rules 2-2
The USPAP webinar series began this week and will continue to run through May. Since the programs are live presentations, no two will be the same, so feel free to attend any of the sessions as often as you would like.
Looking for more information on the USPAP revisions? Visit www.ACIweb.com for details.
In addition to the eLearning sessions, ACI is providing a live 7-hour Update Course in Las Vegas at Valuation Expo 2014. If you are planning to attend Valuation Expo, please join us on June 23. The class is FREE with the purchase of a full Conference Pass (course materials not included). Visit the 7-hour Update Course page for details and registration information. We’d enjoy meeting all of you at the program, plus think of all the fun you’ll have in Las Vegas!