Sky Inspect allows you to collect data, take pictures and draw a sketch on site without using your mobile data plan.
- Make a shortcut to Sky Inspect by using your devices Add to Home Screen function. These steps differ for Android and iPhone.
- Launch Chrome and log into your ACI Sky account.
- Once logged in, tap the hamburger menu in the upper left and select Inspections.
- When the page opens tap the ellipse icon at the top right of the browser.
- Select Add to Home Screen and tap Add, and voila — your very own icon that you can add to your device.
- Once the icon is available on the home screen, you can close the browser and use the Home Screen icon to access inspections.
- Tap Create New to start a new inspection. In the Name field, enter the file name for the property you’re inspecting and tap Create. Press on the file name to open the inspection, or select the ellipse to Rename, Delete or Sync.
- Rename allows you to change the name of the inspection on the device
- Delete will prompt for confirmation before removing it from the device.
- Sync to ACI Sky will sync a single inspection from the list view to Sky Report. Note: Once synced, photos are moved to Sky Report and not displayed on the inspection tool. You can view them by tapping on the image slot using your data plan or internet access.
- Tap the new Inspection that you just created to open it.
- Once open, you’ll see a list of sections – this is the Data view.
- Select a section and fill out all of the applicable fields, then continue on to the next section. Select Yes or No from the toggle to indicate items like Neighborhood Influences. Note: Leave items as “No” or “Select” if it does not apply, or you do not want that data to import into your report upon syncing.
- Continue on through each section adding comments where applicable. Note: Once the inspection is synced, comments will display in the sidebar of Sky Report for reference. You can then copy and paste the data into the desired comment area.
- At the bottom of the screen you can navigate to Images, Sketch or return to the inspection List.
- Select Images to start taking photographs. Tap an open photo slot to take a photo with the devices camera or load an existing photo from your gallery/camera roll.
- Tap the arrow beneath the photo to select the appropriate label. Note: Upon syncing, unlabeled photos will need to be manually placed in the appropriate photo slot. Labeled photographs will map to the appropriate slot upon import.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you’ve completed the photo collection process.
- To delete a photo, select a photo and tap Delete.
- Select Sketch from the bottom navigation.
- The Sketch screen displays with green circle. Note: A green circle means you’re in draw mode.
- To start drawing, enter in the wall length on the keypad, then tap the directional and tap Enter to lock in your line. Continue this process until you’ve closed the area.
- The Define Your Area pop-up displays.
- Choose the applicable area type from the list and tap OK.
- The Sketch screen displays with the area defined.
- To make a new area, tap the grid where you want to start then hit Enter.
Sync to Report
You must use your data plan or Wi-Fi connection to sync your inspection.
- When finished with the inspection, tap the “List” button in the lower left corner.
- You can sync multiple inspections with the “Sync All” button at the bottom of the screen. Note: To sync a single inspection select the ellipse icon next to the file name, and select Sync.
- If you were offline, the Sync button will bring you to the ACI Sky login page where you can sign in using your ACI Sky credentials.
- Once the sync is complete the cloud icon on the “Sync All” button will change to a checkmark.
- To import data from your synchronized inspections into a report, log into ACI Sky in a web browser. Create or open an existing appraisal report file, then click View > Inspections to open the list of available inspections.
- The list will appear from the right side of your window.
- Clicking the cloud/down arrow icon to the left of an inspection name will allow you to import that inspection’s data to the current Sky Report. You will be prompted to confirm that the data from the inspection will replace the existing data in the report.
- Alternatively; clicking on the inspection name will allow you to view and import only what you want from that inspection.
- Click the section names to expand and collapse each section.
- For example, if you click General, it will expand to show items like Address, Property Type, room counts, and other General data elements.
- When an Inspection is expanded the following buttons are available.
- Delete will prompt for confirmation before removing it from your list.
- Import Data – Select this button to sync only the data from the inspection.
- Import Images – Select this button to sync only the images from the inspection. Note: Images that are not labeled will not import. You can manually drag and drop them into the report. Any images that were synchronized from the device in ACI Sky will only exist in ACI Sky, so adjust your workflow accordingly (i.e. take offline photographs via your devices Camera app to store images locally on the device, apart from ACI Sky and Inspections).
- Import Sketch(s) – Select this button to Sync only the sketch images from the inspection.
For assistance contact the ACI One Call team via email at email@example.com or by phone at 800-234-8727.